9.23.2013

AZ BABY

Just this past weekend I had the chance to go back to my home away from home in Arizona. Needless to say it was a sweet moment when I got to surprise my two younger sisters. My youngest one, Aneesa, came to the airport with my Dad to pick me up. As far as she knew he was picking up his "friend". And my dad and I are best friends so it wasn't lying or anything. When I came out and knocked on the window she was sitting by in the car, her face lit up with excitement (seriously priceless). She starts screaming my name and flies out of the car, jumps up, and squeezes her legs and arms around me so tight. She started crying and laughing too which resulted in me doing the same. She is the most precious thing I didn't want to let her go. My little chicken was finally back in my arms after 4 long months. By the time we got home I had whip lash from throwing my head back with laughter. That little girl is honestly the funniest person alive. She's 10 and she could be a stand up comedian, I swear. 
My mom and 13 year old sister, Chantelle, were out at a Young Women's activity. So in the mean time, my Dad, Aneesa and I devised a plan of how to surprise Channy. While I waited in my room with Neesa we heard the garage door open. They were home. Then you heard my dad's voice say to the both of them, "Guys I killed the biggest scorpion ever, and it's in Ashlyn's room! Come look at it!!!" The door slowly opened and Chantelle's horrified face was fixed on the ground, looking right past me. "Where is it?!?!" She asked. That is when I screamed, "RIGHT HERE!" 
Now this moment in time was truly priceless. Chantelle had the hardest time when I moved away and when she looked up and saw me, her face burst into tears. She ran to me and we hugged for what felt like 20 minutes. It was the sweetest thing because when you live away from your family you forget how much you appreciate those hugs, or the sound of their voice in person, or their tiny little bodies snuggling up to you, or their darling kisses.
The rest of the night we simply enjoyed each others company and chatted till late hours. Basically that's what most of the trip consisted of. We all just like to lounge on the couch and watch our favorite movies while talking the whole way through it.











 

Now, Sunday is a special day in our family, and that is because we have a set tradition that has been occurring the past 5 or so years. This tradition is making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and watching our favorite movie, Pride and Prejudice. By the end of the movie we've all eaten at least 7 cookies. Both the movie and cookies NEVER get old, by the way. We basically know the whole script by heart. Even my dad... but he'll never admit it. Poor man, stuck with a family of all girls when he's from a family of all boys. He loves it so much though, I know it. Do you think he'd get a billion kisses and hugs and snuggles and cookies and drawings and sparkly gifts from boys??
{Flashback}
One time we were all in the car driving as a family back from Park City and we had Taylor Swift blasting. My dad was singing along to all the words with a crown on his head from Aneesa, diamond rings on his fingers from my Mom while she put on her smelly-good lotion, and lipgloss on his cheeks from our smooches.
I will never forget that memory so vividly. Cutest thing ever.


Arizona was SO much fun and it went by way too fast. Till next time you blazing-bloody-hot state, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment