6.23.2013

such a great lass


Alright folks, bear with me here. As I begin to tell you this wonderful story of mine, you must understand my absolute love and obsession I have for IRELAND. I will explain it all to you one day (whenever that may be) but as for now, get this...
So during my senior year one of my best friends, Sydney Brereton, told me about a Europe trip that would happen the summer of 2013. It was a trip through her school that would travel to 4 destinations: Whales, London, Paris and... Ireland!! She explained to me that we could both go, and our envisions of beautiful Europe soon entered our minds. I discussed the plans with my parents and they seemed fine with it but they would always act a little strange every time i'd bring it up. Till one day, I figured out why my parents were so uneasy by my persistence. My sweet mom and dad were already planning a trip for our family to Ireland that same summer! Ummm... I CRIED my eyes out when they told me. Tears of joy. My dreams of going to Ireland would finally happen!!!!
Long story short, I told Sydney the unfortunate news of not being able to go with her. She went. And my family vacation to Ireland got pushed back to next summer due to scheduling reasons.
Needless to say, I was a little disappointed. I'm so beyond grateful I am still able to go at all, don't get me wrong! But reading the detailed emails syd would write me in Ireland while I sat at home was a bit of a bummer. Until one morning I woke up to a text message from my dear syd. She had sent me a link to something. "What's this?" I wondered. I clicked on it with curiosity and as the website started uploading the title of a video came into view. Right then and there I felt as if my heart had stopped. The title of the video was called, ashlyn/ireland. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as I witnessed the most thoughtful gift a person could give. And this is what I saw...

click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment